Saturday 11 June 2016

parkrun!

Morning all,

Had a fun but tiring time this morning at parkrun, got to walk the puppies and breath in some fresh air, today was the first time I've done it and believe me when I say, 5kms is farther than I remember, though all in all a good time was had. Apologies to the owners of the smaller dogs that D'artagnon, our ridgeback, kept rushing towards, the (not so) little shit really is friendly and he just gets so excited about meeting new friends. Zeus, our pitbull, was on good behavior as always.

One thing that annoyed me was the amount of dog shit on the route, I will say that every dog I saw take a dump got it picked up by their owners but there was still a fair amount lying around. It makes me wonder why people feel it's OK to just leave it there, I mean the organizers were handing out free poop bags in case you had forgotten some so there really is no excuse. Perhaps we should find them and take a dump on their car's windscreen with a note mentioning that stepping in their dogs shit is just as annoying. For those interested in finding out more about parkrun South Africa, please visit their website here: http://www.parkrun.co.za/

For the readers out there I thought I'd share what I'm currently reading, book five of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. For those of you into high fantasy I'd strongly suggest you give it a read, think Lord of the Rings on steroids, (Wheel of Time is 14 books). Jordan can be a little frustrating to read at times, I occasionally find myself thinking, "OK, I get it, there's a tree on a hill, unless it's vital to the story I didn't REALLY need to know how many leaves it had on it!" but if you can plough through the annoying bits, the story is enchanting, and Jordan has a very unique way of looking at and explaining the use of magik in the universe he's created. For a bit more on the lore and universe, have a read here: http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/A_beginning

Socially I've got a dinner party to go to later, It's been ages since I've had oxtail so I'm seriously looking forward to some good food, good wine and good company. Now I'm rambling so I guess I'll leave this post there. Remember to like the facebook page here: www.facebook.com/theangryafricanatheist As always, thanks so much for reading and have a good one!

Ta,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment