Wednesday 8 June 2016

RIP Muhammed

Evening all,

So, the first thing I want to talk about is the fact that a giant among men died on Saturday. I must stress that whilst I can certainly appreciate Muhammad Ali's athleticism, I am by no stretch of the imagination a boxing, (or general sports for that matter) fan, over and above his sporting prowess, I do not particularly agree with his view on life. I find islam to be a vile religion, made more so by the number of adherents who actually believe the entirety of it (in stark contrast to the more moderate christians who don't seem to be a fan of stoning rape victims). Moreover, I am not by any stretch of the imagination a pacifist. Pacifism is a wonderful concept that, much like communism, only works when everybody buys into it. What I do admire about the man was his courage and determination to stand for his beliefs no matter the personal consequences. In light of that my thoughts go out to his family, I only wish that there was something concrete that I could do to help you through this sad time.

On lighter (haha) news, was the fact that the Jesus Dome in Durban burnt down last night. No doubt part of god's plan to convince the world of his existence and divinity before the rapture. It always amazes me how easy it is for the religious to give god the glory when a surgeon slaves for 16 hours to save their life but when it all goes wrong it's suddenly all a part of his divine plan. On the note of divine plans, if god has a plan, what's the point of praying? I mean, I get the idea in terms of maintaining a relationship with him, but put yourself in god's shoes for a second. You've been planning every single persons destiny, quite literally forever, when some guy pops on his knees and prays, asking that you save his dying mother. What if that wasn't in your plan? What's the point of being god if any twit with a R20 prayer book can fuck your plans up?

On to news that makes my blood boil, a man in Greeneville, Tennessee has been sentenced to life in prison for SELLING HIS THREE DAUGHTERS TO A PEDOPHILE! Now there is little in this world that makes me think that simply erasing an entire group of people from this planet would be a good idea, though pedophiles that act on their impulses are definitely high up on the list. Now I've worded the previous sentence specifically for a reason, the word pedophile is defined as a person who is sexually attracted to children. I find the idea nauseating to say the least but simple sexual attraction cannot and should not be considered a crime, quite frankly what you think about while tugging the one eyed snake or flicking the bean is your business. What is rightfully a crime is the act of pedophilia. I would suggest that the answer to this scourge is not only stronger sentences (the death penalty would be a good start here), but also help for pedophiles that are struggling to control their urges, more support from governments would see far fewer offenses and increase control over people known to have the problem.

The relevant comedy of the day comes from legend George Carlin with his musings regarding prayer:




As always, I in no way own any of the above material and if you've not seen any of his stuff before, I urge you to do yourself a favor and watch more, the man really was a true legend.

 And that's tonight's blog, if you enjoyed (or didn't) any of what I've posted, please feel free to comment and as always, please subscribe.

Ta,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment